Masterlist of Ship Essays
However, I've got some free time on my hands at the moment, and I thought I might as well broaden my horizons a little, fannishly speaking. I freely admit that even after many hours of searching out and compiling links, I am still at somewhat of a loss when it comes to the shipping parts of fandom, so I would really love it if any of you could contribute some more links. I know that in a fandom as big as this one, there have to be many, many more wonderful essays out there waiting to be read and debated.
Essays on any facets of HP ships are welcome, whether pointing out the good, negative, or complex aspects; though please, none which engage in ship-bashing or ad hominem attacks.
Many thanks to saeva for her help in tracking down some links.
Albus Dumbledore/Minerva McGonagall
- Ginger Newts and Sherbet Lemons - emeraldharpy
Albus Dumbledore/Severus Snape
- Pulvis et umbra sumus - sakuracorr
Andromeda Tonks/Bellatrix Black-Lestrange
- Not the Perfect Ones - _avluela
Andromeda Tonks/Ted Tonks
An Informal HP Essay: Ted and Andromeda - lyotto
Argus Filch/Severus Snape
- An Acquired Taste - atdelphi
Bellatrix Black-Lestrange/Ginny Weasley
- Some like it dark... the Bellatrix/Ginny manifesto - maelwaedd
Draco Malfoy/Ginny Weasley
- Why Fire and Ice? - fearthainn
Draco Malfoy/Hermione Granger
- Of Mudbloods and Ferrets - Wynn. On Contra Veritas. In the Ship_manifesto community.
- Why Draco/Hermione? Canon Provides Proof! - Bohemian Vixen.
- D/Hr Is Possible - Tripzy.
- Draco/Hermione Moments in 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Pixyzombie.
Draco Malfoy/Pansy Parkinson
- Their Love is So Canon! - Adele Elisabeth
Ginny Weasley/Dean Thomas
- Artists’ Flame – The Little Ship That Could -
- A Peculiar Faith - dorrie6
- star crossed lovers: h and d and me. - nothingbutfic
- HP Meta Continued - sabershadowkat
- Just call me a Hippogryff: Why Harry/Draco is not Dead - ivyblossom.
- H/D, post-OotP - sistermagpie
- what's not to love - malafede
- the same old song - lunacy
- my personal shipper's manifesto - bookshop
- A Rationalist's Guide to Chocolate Orange: We Don't Know, But We Think We Have a Pretty Good Guess - AceMyth
- Harry and Ginny: More than Meets the Eye - miss_celestine
- Ginny Weasley, Why - Cressida.
- A Collection of Posts re: Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley - compiled by prettyannamoon.
- Ginny the Good - connielane
- Beyond the Veil - connielane
- Symbols and Signs and Associations - oh my! - connielane
- Giving Her the Power: The Characterization of Harry/Ginny - Red Monster
Harry Potter/Hermione Granger
- Bemused and breathless, a H/Hr theory - 54321sherry
- Friendship, Bravery and Love - goldy_dollar
- Harry/Hermione in OotP - An editorial - Later Player.
- Harry/Hermione is obvious. A short essay explaining why -Kia.
- Harry's Subconscious feelings towards Hermione - Jatkinson.
- "Platonic" is not a Bad thing - BlackKnight86.
- The Power of Love - Athena.
- A Heart Once Given - McGonagall.
- Bluebell Flames Charm and the Mysteries Behind It - Perdita Potter.
- Circular Movement vs. Stagnation: Romantic Imagery - Perdita Potter.
- Harry, Just Harry - Phoenix Writer.
- Impervius and Protean Charms - Perdita Potter.
- Love Foretold in Runes and in the Heavens - Nia.
- Strength and Independence - Turambar.
- The Fundamentals of Love - Phoenix Writer
- The Summoning Charm: H/Hr's Life-Affirming Bond - Perdita Potter.
- Why Harry/Hermione is the ultimate destiny of the series. - sexyharryspecs, reproducing an essay by Mad Mike.
- Harry/Hermione Does Not Make Sense: A Pro-H/Hr Essay - peri_peteia
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - The H/H Canon Bible - Sabs, Jade, and Steve.
- H/H Hints in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Ashleigh
- H/H Hints in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Yes, you read that right - Libbie.
- The Anima: Jungian Archetypes and H/Hr - Sienna
- Partners and Friends: The Evolving Relationship Between Harry and Hermione - Penny Linsenmayer
- The Beginning of Great Things: An H/H Perspective in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone/Sorcerers Stone - Anya
- The Heart of Harry/Hermione - Parker
- Who Does Hermione Love? - Turambar.
- Uncovering the Meaning of Harry Potter, Why the H/Hr Relationship is Important - Alexism.
- Oak, Holly, the Earth Goddess... and your mother too. - eido
- D’you Really Think They’re Suited? Why Hermione is Not the Right Girl for Harry - Angua.
Harry Potter/Pansy Parkinson
- Harry/Pansy?! That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life! - Kari.
- Theories on Harry/Pansy - John O' Neill.
- What's in a Name? (Harry/Pansy) - Kari.
Harry Potter/Ron Weasley
- In My Life - femmequixotic
Harry Potter/Ron Weasley/Hermione Granger
- Stronger Together - tarie
- The Trio - no_remorse
- The Trio - A Recipe for Disaster - no_remorse
- Love Triangle of Doom - no_remorse
- The Implication of Different Trio Ships - kimby77
Hermione Granger/Ginny Weasley
- Giggling, Summer Nights, and Possible Secret Shagging - paranoidkitten
Hermione Granger/Severus Snape
- On the Good Ship Granger/Snape - Red Hen/jodel_from_aol.
- The Buried Life - idlerat
- Snape/Hermione - idlerat
Lucius Malfoy/Hermione Granger
- Opposites Attack: The Storm-Tossed Ship of Evil Genius - chthonya
Lucius Malfoy/Remus Lupin
- Lucius/Remus: some thoughts - lazy_neutrino
Neville Longbottom/Draco Malfoy
- Style & Substance, the Neville/Draco manifesto - thermidor and laurakaye
- The final bit of the essay - ajhalluk
Oliver Wood/Marcus Flint
- A Battle That Cannot End In Peace - apillarofsalt
Pansy Parkinson/Theodore Nott"
- Why Nott the Better Choice? - reddiej
Percy Weasley/Oliver Wood
- A Jock, a Geek, and So Much More - merelyn
Remus Lupin/Draco Malfoy
- Of Wolves and Dragons - slippyslope
Remus Lupin/Harry Potter
- Rotting Monsters Behind His Slow Boyish Smile - drworm
Remus Lupin/Hermione Granger
- Remus/Hermione - scribbling_elf
- Not Time's Fool - loneraven
- The Lupin/Evans ship ...maybe, oh maybe - jazzypom
Remus Lupin/Nymphadora Tonks
- Through All Their Changes - violet_quill
Remus Lupin/Severus Snape
- To ship or not to ship - triciasama
- Wild Thing, I Think I Love You - scribbulus_ink
- BDSM, Snape and Lupin - subtle_science
- As Promised - theladyfeylene
- Severus Snape/Remus Lupin - nice idea in theory, but... - jazzypom
Remus Lupin/Sirius Black
- A Collection of Posts Re: The One True Way - compiled by Corgi
- Strange and Beautiful - blacksatinrose
- The Case for R/S - elwing_alcyone
- Nine Arguments That Do Not Rule Out R/S - blacksatinrose
- BMOCs: How the Mighty Have Fallen - sistermagpie
Ron Weasley/Hermione Granger
- The Keeper of Her Heart: The Case for Hermione's Feelings for Ron - Red Monster
- Oh, this changes everything - Karen H
- D’you Really Think They’re Suited? Why Hermione is Not the Right Girl for Harry - angua9
- The Good Ship majrgenrl8
-What's it all about? - angua9
- The Ron/Hermione Thing - gmth
- Stalking the Wild Subplot - angua9
- A Glorious Tension: Sexual Subtext in R/H - angua9
- The Feelings of her Heart: The Case for Hermione's Feelings for Ron - Red Monster
- Marrying Muggles and Drinking Toasts: R/H Wedding Symbolism - angua9
- The First Meeting: Foreshadowing the Love - angua9
- Yes, Ginevra, R/H *is* canon. - angua9
Ron Weasley/Pansy Parkinson
- Writing Pansy/Ron - Jennifer.
Seamus Finnigan/Dean Thomas
-Finding the Perfect Balance - misscora and jlh
Severus Snape/Harry Potter
- Snarry Dynamic - elfwreck
- A Fine Line: Severus Snape/Harry Potter - atrata
- In which I am a teeny bit wanky - ladysorka
Severus Snape/Lily Evans-Potter
- Snape/Lily: Rose Among the Briar - amberdiceless
Severus Snape/Sirius Black
- A Distorted Mirror: Severus Snape and Sirius Black - isiscolo
- Why I’ve got no problems whatsoever writing and reading Severus/Sirius slash, even after OotP. - donnaimmaculata
- Chapter 28 - fabularasa
- Snack -- Vive le grudgefuck! - themostepotente
- Snape/Black Appeal - smirnoffmule
Zacharias Smith/Harry Potter
- A Not-So-Perfect Fit. - spectacular
If you have any comments or queries, you can always leave a comment, or alternatively email me at anassa [at] gmail [dot] com.
one co-administrator who fervently wishes never to have to google 'Harry Potter' again.